Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Tuesday Book Reviews


Four-star review of The King’s Highway by Caryl McAdoo

I was not prepared for such a faith-based post-apocalyptic story but it was well-enough written for me to enjoy this quick middle-grade read. I only gave it four stars more because of the section near the end extolling the superiority of Red River Texas rednecks. They couldn’t be the only ones to continue a peaceful way of life after an EMP (and possibly Russian aggression) knocked out all electric and electronic parts of life as we know it in the 21st Century. The young characters are wonderful and their journey across the state was often exciting. I’d read more about them if I knew the author wouldn’t harp on the idea that this was the only town or community starting to rebuild. This is the first of a series, so there are more adventures ahead for fifteen-year-old Jackson and his band of kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment