Tuesday, August 2, 2022

 

Five-star review of From the Corner of His Eye by Dean Koontz

 Suspense, horror, murder mystery, paranormal thriller, romance, literary family saga and more. This book has it all. It’s filled with wonderful characters from the psychotic, delusional murderer to the disfigured but spiritual cop with a strange ability, from the generous pie lady to three miraculous children, from the preacher’s wife and daughter to the doctor, and many more. This is the first Koontz book I’ve read, but it won’t be the last. Although at first I thought he spent more time from the warped viewpoint of the psychopath with too much horror elements for my taste, I realized this character indirectly became the reason all the others met and became a large found family. Novels as long as this one usually take me months to read, but I read this one in less than four weeks when I was busy with so much else. Koontz’s command of craft is apparent in every word, carefully chosen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment