Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Tuesday Book Reviews on Wednesday


 Five-star review of The Watchmaker’s Daughter by C.J. Archer

 I was in the middle of reading two other books when I started this and couldn’t go back to the others as I was so enthralled with this one. The well-written blurb sums it up, India Steele is desperate after her father dies and her fiancé not only jilts her but is willed her father's watchmaking shop. She meets Matthew there when she goes to rant at her former fiancé and agrees to help him find an elderly watchmaker who’d sold him a watch in America. As the story develops in a world where the watchmaking guild won’t allow women to be watchmakers, the relationship between India and Matthew changes and we learn more about them. I’m baffled by a few negative reviews for this story because I enjoyed it so much. It appears to be the start of a long series. I’m already looking forward to reading the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment