Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Tuesday Book Review on Wednesday

A Conventional Corpse (Claire Malloy, #13)


5-star review of A Conventional Corpse by Joan Hess

I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed reading the Claire Malloy mysteries. Somehow I’d missed this one in the past. Claire, a bookstore owner, is roped into hosting a mystery writer’s convention in Farberville at the local college and a quaint old house turned hotel. The chaos that ensues is unavoidable, given that the four female and one male writers are frenemies, and that few of them get along with an editor who crashes the party. Taking a back-seat to all this is Claire’s relationship with police detective Peter Rosen. Toss in a cat, Claire’s daughter and her friend, a vegan hotel owner, and a few others, making this a fun story from start to finish, the kind of book I need at a time like this. I understand the Kindle version of the book has many spelling errors, but I didn’t notice any in the print version.

No comments:

Post a Comment