Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Nissa's mother is an herbalist, preparing medicines and salves from the plants growing at the Manor.



Here's part of a visit Nissa makes to her mother's workshop:

My sister and Carys let me approach my mother myself, most likely because they didn't want to be present for what might be a confrontation.

I found her alone in her workshop, brewing some of her medicines and salves from the herbs and other plants she collected once a week: lavender and chamomile, parsley, tansy and mullein, and so many others. The initial bitter scent was replaced by a sweeter one.


Hello, Nissa.” She smiled. “What brings you to my workshop this early in the day?” 

Natural herbal remedies are being used more and more today. How many do you know or use?






No comments:

Post a Comment